Skip to main content

Monday, October 3. Looking, Staring, Glaring Lady

Ok so.  When you are sleep walking your way to a dead end job at 7:00 in the  morning, you tend to notice things no one else does because you are moving in slow motion and have more time to observe the craziness around you. Let's talk about Staring, looking, scanning lady.

My train pulled into a station and I tried wearily to hold my head up without reaching up and doing it physically.  I didn't get a seat on the train and thus stood staring out the dirty window of the train car onto the wooden bench on the platform crowded with people.  One woman stood out.  No, she was not oddly dressed petting a skunk on her lap and eating with her feet like some New Yorkers. Hey! I'm sayin' it happens! But what made her interesting was that she was beautiful, was very well dressed, and had hair and make up to envy.  (What? I'm into hair and make up! I'm SO friggin cute in this picture! Thanks Lady Leo Hair Salon in Brooklyn!) But seeing another woman with herself put together is still not what made me stop and take notice.  What did it was that she glared at every single person who walked past her and then looked them up and down with a scowl on her face.  Her apparent distaste for what she saw did not discriminate, it disapproved of men, women, boys, and girls.  She looked at people directly in their face and then scoured them with her eyes from face to footwear and back up to back of the head. (They were passing by.)  As my train was held in the station, I stayed fixated on her face from my safety zone inside the train.  If she had looked at me I would have hurriedly turned away, afraid of suddenly igniting and burning to cinders under her glare. It was so funny to me.  I cannot even begin to imagine what made her look at everyone that way.  And as they walked on by, she glared at the back of their heads until another victim came under her glower. Hee hee. I laughed out loud and everyone near me on the train looked at me because I disturbed the peace on the train. There's a "peace code," you know? Then, my train pulled off and I smiled goodbye at the looking, staring, glaring lady.

Lesson:  Don't look at people like that! It's uncouth...RUDE!

A Girl Changing The World

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, September 15. What A Difference Some SLeep Makes!

Ok so.  Yesterday I was fit to be tied...or rather unfit because I was tired .  ...In nearly every sense of the word.  That night, I went to bed earlier than I had in months and woke up without the alarm for the first time in months, as well! I felt well rested and happy to be alive!  I got up, kissed the hubby, said my morning prayer, fed Winston (my beautiful Russian Blue cat), showered, got dressed, kissed the hubby goodbye as he prepared for work, and left early enough to stroll to the train instead of run. That felt amazing.  I could actually experience the sounds, the colors, the breeze... It was quite nice way to start my morning commute; on time and awake . :-) Leaving early and all I arrived at the platform early enough to be unconcerned that a train was pulling away as I approached.  The next one came and I boarded. It was overly crowded but for some reason I didn't care that much.  I stood up like the majority of commuters (because there just aren't enough seats

Wednesday, August 24. Big And Tall Man With A Cane

Ok so.  I'm sleep walking my way to work and praying that I get a seat on the overcrowded train that I never get a seat on. Hopeful, I step into the car when the conductor opens the doors, and glance quickly around. Those of you not familiar with NYC transit (MTA) may not understand why you have to hurry up and sit down when there is a seat available.  Let me explain.  If you spot a seat, and you are two short steps away, please know that although you may be a closer distance to the seat than the man, woman, or child at the other end of the car, you may get knocked out of the way and end up standing--or trying to, as the moving train car jerks you back and forth like a tiny ship tossed at sea. The person who seatjacks you does not even make eye contact with you.  He/she sits triumphantly and either snoozes, reads, or stares off into space--as many New Yorkers do...maybe taking a moment to figure out how to pay the increasingly high rent in the City. (New Yorkers call Manhattan, Th