Skip to main content

Friday, August 26. The Golden Seats That Cleanse and Renew

Ok so. I don't know if you know this, but the seats on the subway are coveted because they are rumored to have healing powers! It is rumored that they cleanse, renew, and change people's mundane lives into something resplendent and new!  And all you have to do is sit in it! That's why everyone runs, leaps, and pushes to get to one.

This morning, I'm minding my business and standing where I always stand on the train platform, because I know from experience where the door will be when the train stops. (Because I'm smart like that.) As the doors open and I begin to walk into the car, a woman who had been standing to my right tries to bogart me and starts shoving into me, shoulder to shoulder as I walk into the train.  It's as if she is trying to beat me to the million dollars at the end of the rainbow...

I'm sleep walking but I'm a pretty strong girl so I just keep walking as if it's not happening.  There are people trying to get off the train so she shoves past them as well.  I think she even tried to push me into someone but like I said, I'm a strong girl so I don't move. Instead, I think she bounced off of me and into a man standing up holding the pole.  I heard him say, "Come on, lady!"  Meanwhile, I am thinking about doing her physical harm, I'm not going to lie, but then I remember that God is watching me so I continue to ignore her and walk to the other side of the car.  She veers off to the right and I guess she shoves some more people because I can hear them exclaiming, "Wow. Good grief! Unbelievable," and so on. 

It gets quiet so I guess her temporary insanity subsides.  When we get to the next station, many people exit the train, as usual at the downtown Brooklyn station.  Many seats became available. I took one and ended up sitting right in front of the pusher, shover, crazy lady.  She had done all of that shoving for a seat!  It's not right but I almost burst into laughter because she is sitting there with this painful and indignant look on her face, as if her golden seat is not working.  She still has wrinkles.  She's still got corns on her toes.  And whatever was stuck up her behind seems to still be in tact. 

Maybe those subway seats are just normal seats and they really don't change lives...

Lesson:  Move b* get out the way...? Nah.  Just beware. Some people get let out of mental institutions too soon. Maybe the drugs make them think they can take on the world...over a seat? Also, please note:  The seats are just normal, dirty subway seats. 

A Girl Changing The World




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, September 15. What A Difference Some SLeep Makes!

Ok so.  Yesterday I was fit to be tied...or rather unfit because I was tired .  ...In nearly every sense of the word.  That night, I went to bed earlier than I had in months and woke up without the alarm for the first time in months, as well! I felt well rested and happy to be alive!  I got up, kissed the hubby, said my morning prayer, fed Winston (my beautiful Russian Blue cat), showered, got dressed, kissed the hubby goodbye as he prepared for work, and left early enough to stroll to the train instead of run. That felt amazing.  I could actually experience the sounds, the colors, the breeze... It was quite nice way to start my morning commute; on time and awake . :-) Leaving early and all I arrived at the platform early enough to be unconcerned that a train was pulling away as I approached.  The next one came and I boarded. It was overly crowded but for some reason I didn't care that much.  I stood up like the majority of commuters (because there just aren't enough seats

Tuesday, September 13. It Has To Get Better Than This.

Ok so.  One thing I learned when studying public relations at NYU was that you shouldn't lie, or "spin" the truth to get the reaction you want.  I actually don't want a reaction, but wish to enlighten you.  In light of that, this morning's blog post is going to be straight from the heart, whether it is what you are expecting or not.  Seriously, it has to get better than this. Whether or not people will admit it, most of us are over worked, underpaid, ignored, berated, and/or exploited every single day on our jobs.  As a result, I would not be surprised if more than half of people working are fighting some form of depression.  As late as February 2011, it is recorded that there are over 45 million Americans with some form of mental illness including anxiety and depression. If you read the article attached to the link, you will see that is almost 20 percent of Americans who just "ain't right."  How did we get this way? As of May 2011, depression alone

Tuesday, November 22. She's Baaaaack!!!

Ok so. I took some time off from writing this blog because honestly, we've had a very busy season at work and I just didn't have time to write. How depressing is that?! (Other creative souls know what I mean...) But I am back in full effect and will soon have to catch you up on a few things I just could not pass up the opportunity to point out. After all, you can't make this stuff up. It is so difficult to be a germaphobe living in New York City. Let me tell ya. HARD. This morning on the Q train, this man was sitting in the seat in front of me, as I stood and held on for dear life, picking dried skin from the palm of his hand (How dry does one's hand have to be to be able to pick dried skin flakes off the palm??) and brushing them to the floor.  Now mind you, I am shorter than many people (all my taller friends just hush up right now!) and can barely reach high enough over my head to hold onto the metal bar transit placed up there for tall people... so I have to sta