Skip to main content

Tuesday, August 23. Are You Serious?! Who Would Do That?!!

Ok so.  I know I said the first blog posting would be gross but this one takes the cake. I don't even know that I should mention cake in the body of this post... You may not want to eat after you read this one.  Those of you with a weak stomach, just move on now.  Everyone else may want to read this as it ends in a very important warning.

I rush up the block, get on the train, actually get a seat, ride to my stop in Manhattan, get off the train, am rushing up the stairs to the freedom of the outdoors, and run into a massive people traffic jam.  I'm thinking, "Oh come on! I'm finally early and you guys are piddling around at the exit?!" What gives, I wonder. Well I soon find out.

Someone decided to leave all of us commuters a few big fat, brown, smelly insults on nearly all of the stairs leading to the outdoors. They were all over the stairs.  If you stepped left on one, you would have to hop over the next stair and immediately step right before you foot lands.  Picture it! I have never seen anything like this before! Not only was it insulting to see, but everyone was trying to step over and around them and apparently someone stepped in them and had cleaned their shoe on most of the only available clear spots ascending the stairs...so stepping there was no longer an option either.  Morning commuters were perplexed with this "avoid the brown smelly chunks" hopscotch challenge they were faced with as the mass exodus attempted to rush to the office in a leap, jump, step kind of way. It was unimaginable.

You have to wonder who would do that? And why? And furthermore, why there? Is it possible that someone was so angry with the world that he/she decided to disrespect it at random? Was the culprit watching from a secret location and feeling satisfied with himself/herself? I felt seriously disrespected by the contemptuous, insensitive act and I truly hope that the perpetrator got it all out of his/her system. Literally.

Lesson:  WATCH YOUR STEP IN NEW YORK & IN LIFE because you might rush into some brown, smelly insult if you aren't careful.

A Girl Changing The World

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, September 15. What A Difference Some SLeep Makes!

Ok so.  Yesterday I was fit to be tied...or rather unfit because I was tired .  ...In nearly every sense of the word.  That night, I went to bed earlier than I had in months and woke up without the alarm for the first time in months, as well! I felt well rested and happy to be alive!  I got up, kissed the hubby, said my morning prayer, fed Winston (my beautiful Russian Blue cat), showered, got dressed, kissed the hubby goodbye as he prepared for work, and left early enough to stroll to the train instead of run. That felt amazing.  I could actually experience the sounds, the colors, the breeze... It was quite nice way to start my morning commute; on time and awake . :-) Leaving early and all I arrived at the platform early enough to be unconcerned that a train was pulling away as I approached.  The next one came and I boarded. It was overly crowded but for some reason I didn't care that much.  I stood up like the majority of commuters (because there just aren't enough seats

Tuesday, September 13. It Has To Get Better Than This.

Ok so.  One thing I learned when studying public relations at NYU was that you shouldn't lie, or "spin" the truth to get the reaction you want.  I actually don't want a reaction, but wish to enlighten you.  In light of that, this morning's blog post is going to be straight from the heart, whether it is what you are expecting or not.  Seriously, it has to get better than this. Whether or not people will admit it, most of us are over worked, underpaid, ignored, berated, and/or exploited every single day on our jobs.  As a result, I would not be surprised if more than half of people working are fighting some form of depression.  As late as February 2011, it is recorded that there are over 45 million Americans with some form of mental illness including anxiety and depression. If you read the article attached to the link, you will see that is almost 20 percent of Americans who just "ain't right."  How did we get this way? As of May 2011, depression alone

Tuesday, November 22. She's Baaaaack!!!

Ok so. I took some time off from writing this blog because honestly, we've had a very busy season at work and I just didn't have time to write. How depressing is that?! (Other creative souls know what I mean...) But I am back in full effect and will soon have to catch you up on a few things I just could not pass up the opportunity to point out. After all, you can't make this stuff up. It is so difficult to be a germaphobe living in New York City. Let me tell ya. HARD. This morning on the Q train, this man was sitting in the seat in front of me, as I stood and held on for dear life, picking dried skin from the palm of his hand (How dry does one's hand have to be to be able to pick dried skin flakes off the palm??) and brushing them to the floor.  Now mind you, I am shorter than many people (all my taller friends just hush up right now!) and can barely reach high enough over my head to hold onto the metal bar transit placed up there for tall people... so I have to sta